Monday 23 February 2015

Acrylic Painting

In this session on the 23rd February 2015 we were using acrylic paints to paint the life model. I started off by painting the background of the paper in light brown. I then started to paint the outline of the figure using a small paintbrush and a medium brown paint. Next I started to use dark brown, white and very light brown to add the lighter and darker tones . I used a very small paintbrush to add detail to the face and hair. The materials I used during this session were acrylic paints, hog hair brushes in a range of sizes, paper, water and paint mixing pallete. The techniques I used we're painting, measuring, and drawing to scale and in proportion. I had to look at the shape and form of the figure,tone and colour to make an accurate drawing and to paint with and mix the correct colours.

Areas of my work that I think worked well are the contrast in tone and colour I used, but areas of my work that didn't work so well were the rest of my painting. Painting is one of my weakest materials to use I think, so i tried my hardest to use the paint to create a good life study but I don't think it turned out that well in the end so I was a bit disappointed. Because I made the outline with paint instead of pencil, I couldn't change it if I made a mistake so the proportions of the figure are not accurate. I also struggled to draw the face so it doesn't look very realistic.

To extend my skills I looked at other students work in my class and compared it to my own to help me identify my strengths and weaknesses of my painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment