Monday 9 February 2015

Sitting Down Pose


In this session on the 5th January 2015 we were looking at drawing the model using pencil again, but this time the model was in a sitting down pose rather than standing up. The materials I used during this session were a 2B pencil, paper and an eraser. Techniques I used during this session were drawing, shading and measuring. I also concentrated on and used positive and negative space, tonal study, scale, proportion and accuracy. I made sure I used a similar working technique as last time to ensure my drawing looked quite accurate as my first drawing.

Areas of my work that I think worked well are the accuracy of proportion and scale of the figure, and the shading. even though I didn't have enough time to finish the shading, I was pleased with the bit I did do because I think it looks pretty accurate and realistic because I have used a range of tones and there is good contrast. it is also blended well to make it look more real. In this session I tried to focus more on the hands and feet because I struggled to draw them in the first session. I tried to draw them by breaking the fingers and toes up into shapes and with more help from my tutor, I improved a little bit from the last life drawing session but I still didn't manage to draw them very accurately. I think this is something I need to keep practicing and trying to improve throughout the term. areas of my work that didn't work too well were my time keeping because I didn't leave enough time to add more shading to my drawing so I need to try and work quicker in the future.

To extend my skills, I have practiced with drawing hands and feet again. Overall, I am quite pleased with this drawing and I think it is quite accurate in the shading, and the proportion etc.






No comments:

Post a Comment